There are 5 ways to write a Story on MyMiniFactory:
- Via the “Write your Story Now” button in the top right-hand corner of the Stories Page
- On any MyMiniFactory page, click “Upload” in the top right of the page, then select “Story”
- Via your MyMiniFactory Profile. Select the “Write your Story” button.
- On any MyMiniFactory page, hover over your MyMiniFactory Profile icon. Go to “Library” > “Stories” > “Write a new Story”.
- Scroll to the bottom of any Story on the Stories Feed and click “Share your Story with the Community! >”
The Stories Editor
You’ll be taken to the Stories Editor from any of those five avenues. Here you can add your text, images, videos, links, etc.
- Add the Title of your Story – this will help readers understand more about your Story’s content.
- We would recommend keeping it around 10 words/70 characters or under, otherwise the title will get cut off in the Stories Feed.
- A cover image will help your Story stand out on the Stories Feed.
- The dimensions of this image should be (1238px * 506px).
- Please note: your image may appear zoomed in whilst you’re working in the editor. The sizing will look correct once published or in preview.
Formatting, images & video embed
There is a whole range of options available to you when it comes to formatting your Story, allowing you to create unique and engaging content for your readers.
- Choose from Left, Centre, Right, or Justified
- Heading styles (Normal, H1-H6), plus Blockquotes and Code
- Bulleted List
- Numbered List
- Decrease Indent
- Increase Indent
- Insert Link
- Just highlight the text you want to add a hyperlink to and click the Insert Link icon. You can then paste the link into the box provided and click “add”.
- Insert Image
- You have two ways of uploading images: via the file, or via the image URL.
- Images are automatically uploaded at 100% size
- You can move images by clicking and dragging them.
- You can delete the image via the X in the top right-hand corner of the desired image.
- Embed YouTube video
- Select the YouTube icon and simply paste the URL of the YouTube video you wish to embed.
- The only way to add videos is via YouTube, we currently don’t support any other method.
- Insert MyMiniFactory Object link
- Copy and paste the link of any MyMiniFactory object and it will appear in a Stylized card in your Story
- This undoes your previous action
- This restores your previous action.
- By clicking the three horizontal lines to the right of the publish button you can toggle comments on your Story on or off.
- You can also turn your Story into a campaign update by clicking on the campaign drop-down option.
- Please note: this will only work if you have published a FronTier or Pledge Manager on MyMiniFactory and this sends a notification to all backers
Saving your Story
To save your Story, click the “Save in my library” button at the top of the Stories Editor.
- Fill in the Captcha form and press “Save”.
- We recommend saving your Story as you go and also consider working from an external document. At the moment, there is no auto-save feature available.
- Please note: if you cannot see these buttons, please close the promotional top bar at the top of your page.
Publishing your Story
Once you’re happy with your Story, click the blue “Publish” button at the top of the page.
- This will submit your Story for approval (see “Stories Approval Process” page for more information).
- Whilst awaiting review, your Story will be visible on your profile under the “Stories” tab.
Once you’ve clicked “Publish” you will be able to preview your Story.
- This allows you to view your Story as it will be shown in the Stories Feed.
- If you wish to change something in your Story, press back in your browser and you will be taken back to the editor. You can then edit your Story further.
Editing your Story after publishing
If you wish to edit your Story, go to Library > Stories > Edit.
Once you have published your Story, your Story will become “Public”
- This means it is visible to you and to other users on your Profile.
- If you wish to change your Story to “Private”, you can click “Unpublish” in the Stories editor and your Story will become Private.
- It will no longer be shown on your Profile.
- You can still edit your Story via Library > Stories > Edit.
- Please note: You cannot preview your Story if it is Private. You can only preview your Story once you’ve Published it.